Vicksburg teenager indicted on multiple felonies from April shooting
A Vicksburg man has been indicted by the Warren County grand jury on multiple counts involving a shooting incident at the New Main Apartments, 2727 Alcorn Drive.
Omar Deshun Carter, 19, 3062 Wisconsin Ave., is charged in the indictment with four counts of aggravated assault-extreme indifference, and one count each of shooting at a motor vehicle and shooting into a dwelling-house in April.
Carter is accused of shooting at a car occupied by four people and shooting into an apartment at the New Main Apartments.
He remains in the Warren County Jail in lieu of a $250,000 bond.
In other cases:
• Maurice Townsend, 54, 430 Lake Hill Drive Apt. D-1, was indicted on a charge of enticing a child to meet for sexual purposes.
He is accused of trying to induce a child under the age of 18 for sex. He remains in the Warren County Jail in lieu of $100,000 bond.
• Alexander Jamaal Lindsey, 19, 2025 Military Ave.; two counts trafficking of a controlled substance, on count fleeing or eluding a law enforcement officer and one count possession of a weapon after felony conviction. He is indicted as a habitual offender because he had two prior felony drug convictions.
Fabian Wesley Armstead, 35, 913 China St.; fourth-offense DUI.
• Lucius Lee Sparks, 46, 2632 Hannah Drive; fourth-offense DUI. He was indicted as a habitual offender because he had two previous felony DUI convictions.
• Brandon Marquis Johnson, 34, 132 Williams Road; domestic aggravated assault-strangling.
• Shelia Shunta Crump, 34, 1000 Common Circle Apt. 1314, embezzlement. She is accused of taking lottery tickets valued at $2,235.32 from a Circle K convenience store where she worked.
• Tammy Stewart, 45, 115 Dusty Road; prescription forgery.
• Valerie Morris, 59, 432 McAllister St. Greenville; felony shoplifting involving the theft of items valued at more than $1,000 from the Cinnamon Tree.